200hr Certified Teacher Training Program
13 Workshop Weekends
This program includes both the 50hour Deepen Your Practice Immersion and the 150hour Applied Teaching Course. At the end of this program, if you meet all course requirements and hours, you will be certified with Yoga Alliance as a 200 hour Yoga Instructor.
50hr Deepen Your Practice
5 Workshop Weekends
In the first five weeks we will dive deep into our practice and experience the teaching methods we’ll later learn in the Applied Teaching Course. Every class led by one of the lead instructors will consistently emphasize the three main focal points of the course: alignment, anatomy & philosophy.
Topics to Include:
- Exploring various styles of yoga, some of which include: Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin, Restorative
- History of Yoga
- Pranayama, Meditation & Mantra
- Anatomy, Physiology, Chakras & Bandhas
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Yoga Lifestyle
- Posture Breakdown, some of which include: Warrior Series, Arm Balances, Inversions, Twists
- Introduction to Sanskrit, Mythology & Spirituality
This course will not include required homework assignments. The goal of Deepen Your Practice is to do just that: have you experientially dive deeper into the practice of yoga as a curious, committed student.
150hr Applied Teaching
8 Workshop Weekends
In the latter 8 weeks we will more intensively look at the topics explored in Deepen Your Practice and learn how to teach them to others.
From the very start of the Applied Teaching course you will begin practice teaching and we will spend the 8 weeks refining and honing your teaching presentation. Practice teaching will evolve as the weeks pass, beginning with one-on-one teaching with other students, then small groups, to eventually larger groups with your assigned mentor group, to finally leading the Satyam YTT class.
As part of the Applied Teaching course, you will be assigned to one of the lead instructors as a mentor for the remainder of the course. You will have 10 mentor hours required for completion that will be met based on the instructors recommendation.
Throughout the final 8 weeks, the lead instructors will continue to emphasize the three main focal points of the course: alignment, anatomy & philosophy. However, you will be encouraged to take from the material what is most meaningful to you and craft a style of teaching that is authentically your own.
- Safety, Alignment & Anatomy
- Teaching Tools: Voice, Playlist, Holding Space, Having Boundaries
- How to Adjust Asanas
- Business of Yoga: How to Be Successful in this Profession
- Anatomy, Anatomy, Anatomy: You’ll know your muscle groups!
- Advanced Mythology & History
- Yoga Sutras and the 8 Fold Path
- Energy Anatomy: Chakras, Vayus, Nadis & Mudras
- Advanced Pranayama Practices & How to Teach Them
- Advanced Ayurveda
- Aromatherapy & Essential Oils in Class
- Sanskrit Exploration
- Advanced Meditation Tools & Teaching
- Yoga Body: Diet, Hormones, Lifestyle
- Teaching Special Needs
- Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga
- Ethics of the Yoga Teacher
This course includes a minimum of 10 required homework hours. To complete the homework, you will need to read from the Required Book List. As part of your required 10 Mentor Hours, you will be meeting outside of the specified SYTT weekend workshops. You must be prepared to make these small group meetings, your mentor’s class to assist or other agreed upon appointment to fulfill these hours. Again, these 10 Mentor hours will be completed based on the requirements for fulfillment your mentor outlines for you.
You will not be tested at the end of this course. Certification will be awarded to you based on participation, homework completion and required hours fulfilled.