5 Workshop Weekends
*Anyone is welcome to participate in this course. No experience needed, no previous Yoga Alliance Certification Required.
In the first five weeks we will dive deep into our practice and experience the teaching methods we’ll later learn in the Applied Teaching Course. Every class led by one of the lead instructors will consistently emphasize the three main focal points of the course: alignment, anatomy & philosophy.
Topics to Include:
- Exploring various styles of yoga, some of which include: Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin, Restorative
- History of Yoga
- Pranayama, Meditation & Mantra
- Anatomy, Physiology, Chakras & Bandhas
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Yoga Lifestyle
- Posture Breakdown, some of which include: Warrior Series, Arm Balances, Inversions, Twists
- Introduction to Sanskrit, Mythology & Spirituality
This course will not include required homework assignments. The goal of Deepen Your Practice is to do just that: have you experientially dive deeper into the practice of yoga as a curious, committed student.