6 Workshop Weekends
6 Workshop Weekends: Friday 6-9pm, Saturday 9:30am-6pm & Sunday 9:30am-6pm
*Open to students who have completed all three workshops in the Deepen Your Practice portion and wish to continue their studies to attain a 200-hr Yoga Teaching Certification. This portion of the program is also open to existing yoga teachers who wish to continue their studies; proof of certification is required to participate.
In the latter 6 workshops, we will more intensively look at the topics explored in Deepen Your Practice and learn how to teach them to others.
From the very start of the Applied Teaching course you will begin practice teaching and we will spend the 6 weekends refining and honing your teaching presentation. Practice teaching will evolve as the weeks pass, beginning with one-on-one teaching with other students, then small groups, to eventually larger groups with your assigned mentor group, to finally leading the Satyam YTT class.
Throughout the Applied Teaching, the lead instructors will continue to emphasize the three main focal points of the course: alignment, anatomy & philosophy. However, you will be encouraged to take from the material what is most meaningful to you and craft a style of teaching that is authentically your own.
- Safety, Alignment & Anatomy
- Teaching Tools: Voice, Playlist, Holding Space, Having Boundaries
- How to Adjust Asanas
- Business of Yoga: How to Be Successful in this Profession
- Anatomy, Anatomy, Anatomy: You’ll know your muscle groups!
- Advanced Mythology & History
- Yoga Sutras and the 8 Fold Path
- Energy Anatomy: Chakras, Vayus, Nadis & Mudras
- Advanced Pranayama Practices & How to Teach Them
- Advanced Ayurveda
- Aromatherapy & Essential Oils in Class
- Sanskrit Exploration
- Advanced Meditation Tools & Teaching
- Yoga Body: Diet, Hormones, Lifestyle
- Teaching Special Needs
- Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga
- Ethics of the Yoga Teacher
This program includes homework hours and classroom observation hours that must be completed to receive your 200-hr certification. To complete the homework, you will need to read from the Required Book List.
You will not be tested at the end of this course. Certification will be awarded to you based on participation, homework completion and required hours fulfilled.